More of a personal jotter really, but this wasn’t exactly high up in my search results.
Having problems editing some video in Premiere Pro CS3 — whenever I tried to preview, I got an error message which read “Premiere Pro has encountered an error” then gave a path to a file called MonitorMixer.cpp-153. Googling lead me to what seemed an unlikely solution for the same error in MonitorMixer.cpp-147 (presumably pre-patch) which is to clear in and out points on the timeline (Marker > Clear Sequence Marker > [whatever is available]). This solved the problem straight away.
I found the solution here: http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/Error:MonitorMixer.cpp-147.