Fixed! And the start of the upgrade…

Well, its a bit more than a couple of weeks: but I do have an excuse. Would you like them in order?

1) This didn’t work! When it was uploaded, with the first article intact, the scripts that display this page wouldn’t work – they mysteriously did NOTHING! I tried for a while to work it out, but I was tired, heh…and I was too crap and couldn’t be arsed. However, I recently got my hands on a copy of Windows2000 and was able to debug the script on IIS, and discovered that the VBscript syntax I used on my PWS test system didn’t work on IIS. Bugger.

2) I got distracted. So sue me.

Anyway…the good news is that I’ve started the promised upgrades…although you won’t be able to tell yet, the authentication mechanism is now multiuser, and the database ready for the next set of information, about the new contributors. So – the agenda is as follows:

1) Finish the CMS and add additional content tables for the different sections: we’re looking to cover a range of topics, so I’m not exactly sure how to split it – it may be on a New/Classic/Archive basis…but I plan on keeping a section aside for random scribblings.

2) Once a working back-end is available, I’ll then set down to the front end design – but I’ll try to make as many of the features enabled in the ‘undesigned’ version, so contributors can start submitting their work…

3) The next step will be the public BBS/Comment system – to allow visitors to post comments on the stories – and to simultanously start working with Jeff/others to produce visual content.

should be enough to be getting on with…K